Advances in treatments that enable a man to more easily attain an erect penis have made a huge difference among men in whom erectile dysfunction can be an issue. These developments have had a clear impact on sexual and penis health and have benefitted many, many men (and their partners). One of the more popular treatments involves the drug sildenafil, which is marketed under various popular brand names. While sildenafil can be very effective at helping a man achieve an erect penis, there are times when a guy should refrain from using the drug.
More about sildenafil
Although sildenafil has been used for more than 20 years to help men achieve an erect penis, that was not its original purpose. It is an artificial compound originally developed to treat hypertension and angina. While studying the drug in clinical trials for these conditions, the scientists discovered that men who took the drug developed firm erections a half hour or so after ingesting the drug. This prompted them to change the focus of their studies, to the benefit of millions of men since.
Sildenafil works by helping the smooth muscle of the penis to relax, which opens up penile blood vessels more fully. More blood is able to therefore invade the penis quickly, filling up the spongy tissue which results in an erect penis.
When not to take
Though sildenafil has been very helpful, there are circumstances under which a man should not use the drug. These include the following:
– If erectile dysfunction isn’t a problem. Some men may think they can use sildenafil even if they have no problem getting an erect penis. They may think this could somehow make their erection even harder than it is or that it may enable them to last longer during sex. But studies have indicated that sildenafil provides no real benefit to a man without erectile problems. More importantly, some doctors suggest that using the drug when it’s not needed could over time lead the body to expect and depend on it – so that a man could have difficulty getting or maintaining an erection without using it.
– If it may not be real. Unscrupulous people peddle fake versions of many different drugs – including sildenafil. They usually charge a much cheaper price than one would pay for the real thing, but it doesn’t offer the benefits. And depending on what ingredients are actually in it, a fake version could cause harm. Only use sildenafil prescribed by a qualified and reliable doctor.
– If other conditions are present. Many drugs are good at treating one condition but may exacerbate other conditions. It’s recommended that a man with heart disease, heart attack, stroke, low blood pressure, liver problems and some kinds of vision problems may want to avoid sildenafil. It’s important for a man to check with his doctor to determine if using sildenafil will have a negative impact on other health issues.
– If he is on some other medications. By the same token, some drugs are not meant to be taken at the same time and can cause interactions, some minor and some major. Again, checking with a doctor is advised.
– If partying. Drinking too much alcohol or ingesting illegal substances can potentially cause a problem with sildenafil.
The long and the short of it is that a man should check with his doctor if he has any questions about under what circumstances he should use sildenafil – or any drug, really.
- Women’s Preferred Penis Size: Can Be Complicated -
- Erectile Dysfunction? Maybe Try a Little Watermelon -
- Penis Problems: ADHD Medications and Spontaneous Ejaculation -
- A Bent Penis Affects the Tunica Albuginea -
- Vigrx Plus Results – What To Expect -
- Better Sex Through Sensual Game Playing -
- When Is Circumcision Necessary? What Men Need to Know -
- Is VigRX Plus A Scam? -
- 3 Simple Tests for Adequate Penis Sensation -
- Feminine Awakening and Sexual Freedom -