A healthy body is a wonderful thing for a man to have; few things are as precious as good health. It’s also worth noting that a man’s overall health can also have an impact specifically on his penis health. Since men take great pride in penis health and the impressive erect penis that benefits from that health, guys should also spend time thinking about how things that affect their overall health may also sneak up and attack that erect penis. And what might be able to do such a thing? Well, one thing could be cholesterol.
Cholesterol is a waxy substance that is naturally made in the liver. There’s a “good” kind of cholesterol, usually called HDL, and a “bad” kind, known as LDL. HDL goes around and helps remove LDL, so having high levels of HDL is a good thing; but a high level of LDL is bad.
When there’s a lot of LDL, it causes plaque to build up in the arteries. This excess plaque “narrows” the arteries, so that blood has a harder time flowing through them. (This is called atherosclerosis.) Sometimes it can result in heart attack or stroke. This is why it is so vital that men keep their cholesterol levels under control.
As mentioned, cholesterol is made naturally in the liver. But diet affects the ultimate amount of cholesterol in the body and usually is the reason why cholesterol levels get out of hand.
Erect penis issue
The fact that high cholesterol can affect the coronary arteries and lead to serious cardiac issues is the main reason to be concerned about cholesterol. But it can affect other arteries as well – including those that involve the penis and surrounding areas.
When plaque builds up in the penile arteries, it impedes the flow of blood – which is crucial for a properly functioning penis, especially in terms of attaining and maintaining an erection. In addition, cholesterol is thought to impede production of nitric oxide, which is used to help keep blood vessels open. So bad cholesterol not only helps narrow arteries, it also decreases one of the elements which can help open them up – a double whammy for an erect penis!
In addition, some scientists believe that cholesterol affects production of testosterone. This male hormone is a key component in maintaining sex drive, so too much cholesterol may mean too little testosterone which in turn may mean a diminished sex drive.
What to do
Keeping bad cholesterol at bay is crucial for a guy’s health. There are several things a man can do if he wants to lower his cholesterol (after checking with his doctor to get approval).
– Maintain a low fat diet. Eat more vegetables, fruits, beans, whole grains and lean proteins. Avoid saturated fats and junk foods.
– Exercise. Bering physically active and keeping the body in better physical shape will also help keep cholesterol levels lower.
– Take medication. If the doctor recommends it, there are several medications available which can help keep cholesterol levels in check.
- Vigrx Plus Results – What To Expect -
- Better Sex Through Sensual Game Playing -
- When Is Circumcision Necessary? What Men Need to Know -
- Is VigRX Plus A Scam? -
- 3 Simple Tests for Adequate Penis Sensation -
- Feminine Awakening and Sexual Freedom -
- Cholesterol and the Erect Penis -
- Can BPAs Damage a Healthy Penis? -
- Penis Health 101: Is Hot Tub Play Really Safe? -
- Healthy Penis Friend: Probiotics -